Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Pie

I wish I'd taken a picture of the dinner I made last night. It came out really well, and was a big hit with the boys (my husband and two older sons.. my daughter didn't really care for it). I don't have the amounts, I mostly eye-balled everything, but here's a 'recipe' anyway.

Ingredients:
Shredded Chicken (I used 4 chicken breasts, cooked in a pan w/ some Carribean Jerk sauce)
Fresh Salsa
Black Beans (or black bean dip)
Shredded Cheese (Monterrey Jack or other)
Tortillas

Preheat oven to 450.

On a cookie sheet or similar, place a tortilla (nice big ones if you're cooking for a lot). Spread a good layer of black beans (or dip). Then layer on salsa (I used about 1/3 cup), chicken (about one breast, shredded), and shredded cheese (I went heavy on the cheese, at about a cup). Cover with another tortilla, then layer again with beans, chicken, salsa, and cheese. Rinse, repeat. Do not put a tortilla on the final layer, it should be open.

Bake for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and everything is heated through. We cut it like a pie, and it was fantastic. Ours served 6, though 4 of those were children. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment