Sunday, August 14, 2011

Birthday Cakes


I sat down at the computer with a half-written blog post about our plans for this coming year floating around in my head. Then I saw that my last entry was about Niall's birthday party, with a picture of his cake. It seems more natural that I write about some other cakes I've made recently.

Yesterday was Lachlann's birthday party. He chose a dinosaur theme, much to my surprise. We played a few games, whacked the you-know-what out of a pinata, swam, ate pizza and cake. This is the cake I made:











It was quite the hit, and I was very pleased with how it turned out. Usually I'm at least a little disappointed with how my cakes turn out, so this was a nice surprise.

For Fiona's birthday, I made a Snow White cake. Again, everyone really loved it, but I was less than thrilled. I really should have used fondant. Here's a pic:



You can also see the Snow White dress I made her, which looked great on her. She still wears it frequently.

No comments:

Post a Comment