Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hiccups Galore

Nothing's ever simple, right?  I don't know why I thought a cross-country move would be.. duh!  So Doug was planning on traveling down to Orlando to attend some meetings in person the week of Halloween.  He'd also secure us housing while down there.  Well, as it turns out, they haven't been able to get that settled, so it looks like it might be the week after.. if at all?  I'm freaking out just a wee bit - how on earth are we going to find a place to live?  I seriously need to call some realtors tomorrow..

And in other, just as annoying news.. we need almost $2500 worth of car repairs.  Doug got off the phone with the garage and broke the news and I was like, "Of course we do!"  Man.

On a better note, decluttering is going well.  I gave away about 75% of my craft stash which almost killed me, but I did it!  Already culled my clothes and the littles' clothes, the boys are next, and then we get to work on the toys.  Well, I actually got started on that a bit, too.. we sorted through three bins of Legos, separated out the minifigs, and boxed up the rest.  That took care of about 15% of the kids' Legso.  They have a crazy amount, seriously.. I'm half hoping that we can leave a few boxes unpacked in the garage in Florida and they won't notice. Shhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment