As I work through the plan, I'll post my responses to exercises and my journaling here. So here goes:
Important points from the questionnaire: My motivation to lose weight is low-to-moderate. I'm anxious about this. I have a lot of good reasons to lose weight, and I really want them.. but I feel like I don't really have the desire to make the changes I need to make. Also - I'm an emotional eater (duh). I often eat to comfort myself. I have a lot of resentment about having to deny myself foods that I want. I also have a very hard time tolerating hunger and cravings.
Chapter Four: How to Motivate Myself - or - Reasons I Want to Lose Weight
- I'll look better and more attractive
- I'll have more confidence
- I'll be able to wear a smaller size.
- I'll fit into more fashionable clothing.
- I'll feel happier when I look in the mirror.
- I'll feel better in a bathing suit.
- I won't feel so self-conscious.
- I'll feel better physically.
- I'll have more stamina.
- I'll have more energy.
- I'll be able to keep up with my kids.
- I'll be less inhibited about my body.
- I'll enjoy physical intimacy more.
- I'll like myself better.
- I'll feel as if I've accomplished something important.
- I'll do more things in public, such as dancing or swimming.
- I'll be more comfortable eating in front of others.
- I'll feel in control.
I don't want to feel deprived, BUT I can modify my plan in advance to include my favorite foods. Besides, I'm either going to deprive myself of some foods, or deprive myself of being thinner. Either way, I experience deprivation.
Completed Tasks for Day One:
Made several copies of my Advantages List. One for my purse, one for the fridge, and one for the computer monitor.
Decided to read my Advantages List first thing in the morning, and right before going to bed.