Friday, August 24, 2012

Framed Family Tree

Some people are so hard to shop for.  My mom is one of these people.  This year, for her birthday, she asked for two Barbie outfits and a new Lego set so she could play with my kids.  Well, that's great, Mom, but I'd like to give you something.

After some thought, I decided to give her a family tree of some sort.  I really want to do a tree with both branches and roots, so I could show her parents and grandparents as well as her children and grandchildren, but I couldn't come up with a design I really liked.

So instead, I came up with my own version of this amazing, hand cut family tree that I saw on Etsy.  I do not hand cut things, so I spent about two hours coming up with an image in Silhouette Studio.  It was a bit of a pain to cut - my blade is a little dull so I used a brand new mat to improve the chances of it cutting well, but then it was really hard to pull off the mat in one piece.

But I think it turned out really well, don't you?

Unframed:


Framed:

No comments:

Post a Comment