Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Kid Funnies

I thought I'd post some of our recent kid funnies, since I need a laugh.

Today, Lachlann cut his head open falling down the steps on our pool deck. I ended up taking him to our doctor's office to get checked out, and after the nurses gave him a once-over, we all stood around waiting for the doctor. Lachlann decided to try his hand at small talk, and said to the nurse, "Did you know that bulls like to attack red? If you have something red, you should use it in a bull fight."

Colwyn had a lot of mispronunciations when he was little, but most of them have disappeared. He's still in the habit of saying shushi and smarshmallows, though he can say them properly when asked.

Both boys like to make up words, and for the longest time, I had no clue where they came from. Star Wars related words - zigging (the lightning that the Emperor uses), augh (Force choking that Vader uses), and hooving. Hooving is when they play Lego Star Wars and switch from one guy to another guy. Well, I can explain augh and hoove - in Lego Star Wars, these are the approximate sounds the game makes.. when Vader chokes a guy, the guy says "Augh!" and when they switch characters, the game makes a sound like "Hoove." Leave it to my kids to turn augh and hoove into verbs, though.

Fiona has a lot of great mispronunciations. "Look-a-meem!" for "Look at me!" Baby soup for bathing suit. Just today she finally learned to say hummus instead of dummus, though she says it more like "Huh-huh-huh-huh-awmus." Oreos are no-e-os, and open is nopen.

No comments:

Post a Comment