Saturday, June 19, 2010

Lunch



Dark leafy greens, cherry tomatoes, blue cheese, dried cranberries, walnuts, and a drizzle of Ken's raspberry walnut dressing. Delicious. A very good friend brought this as part of a meal after baby Niall was born, and we fell instantly in love. I've made this salad maybe ten times in the last four weeks. So, so good. Maybe not the healthiest of salads, but it's one that I can tolerate, and the walnuts help me stay full longer.

Dieting is hard, hard work. I'm not really in the mood to diet, if you know what I mean, and that makes it lot worse. But I can't stand the thought of regaining what I lost last summer. My stomach sticks out way too far, probably because the pregnancy loosened my abdominal muscles. I've got the exercise ball, I've just got to start using it. Sit-ups are much more bearable on the ball. Last summer we had a gym membership and I absolutely *loved* going, but I know that's not going to happen this year. So I've got to find other ways to fit in exercise. It's so daunting. I'm hoping that I can at least do a short routine with the ball and some free weights while the baby naps. Reminder to self: retrieve weights from under the couch and reinflate ball after husband's use of ball to soothe the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment