Thursday, June 24, 2010

My First Craft Tutorial

I've seen some really neat reusable bowl covers on Etsy, so I thought I'd give it a try. I really wanted a rectangular one to cover my 9x13 pans.

You'll need:

fabric - fat quarters work well, or any sizable scraps
nylon ripstop or other waterproof material
1/4" elastic ribbon
sewing machine, scissors, measuring tape, etc


Choose a time when the children are asleep and you really should be sleeping, too.

Measure and cut a piece of fabric that's about 3" bigger than your pan on all sides. Repeat with ripstop.



Get out your sewing machine and dust it off, since you haven't sewn since that big pre-holiday craft binge.

Realize that your mother, who borrowed your sewing machine months ago, broke off the plastic piece that holds the spool of thread, and apparently threw it out, since it's nowhere to be found.

Pack everything away, cursing that you could have been asleep 45 minutes ago, had it not been for your crazy need to craft.

Ugh.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment